Terms & conditions
Last Updated: August 1, 2023
Children Under 13
AS FURTHER SET FORTH HEREIN, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES IN COURT (INCLUDING TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION).
Basic Terms and Rules of Conduct
Any unauthorized use of the Properties is expressly prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby agree to the following:
- You may not use the Properties to participate in any activity that is in violation of any federal, state, or local law including without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities.
- You shall not disable, hack, circumvent or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Properties or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Company Content or materials.
- You shall not destroy, interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to interfere with or disrupt (including scan, probe or test the vulnerability of), any web pages available on the Properties, servers or networks connected to the Properties or the technical delivery systems of Company’s providers or break any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Properties.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs in the real world and through your account. If available, Company prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide(d) to or were provided by the Company upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, complete, and confidential, and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials or other confidential information of other users of the Properties (each and collectively, “Third Party Users”).
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Properties, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Properties for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Properties and your Communications, including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Properties or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Properties or Company.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a “spam”) to any Third Party Users.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Properties or servers or networks connected to the Properties, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any of the Properties are or Company Content is rendered or displayed in a Third Party User’s browser or device.
- If available, you must not create accounts with the Properties through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You must not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Properties or your access to the Properties for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- We are not responsible if information made available on the Properties is not accurate, complete or current. The material on the Properties is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- The Properties may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Properties at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Properties. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Properties to anyone for any reason at any time.
Linked Sites and Third Party Websites
By publicly posting information and materials relating to Company, its products or services on any social media site, website, or blog (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and tagging any Property, you hereby grant Company the worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable right and license to reproduce, display, distribute, re-post, re-share, or otherwise exploit such materials and information and your name, image, likeness, and any intellectual property controlled by you and all associated moral rights and goodwill, in whole or in part, on or through the Properties without further consent or compensation. Without limitation, such right and license includes Company’s right, though not obligation, to grant you attribution (e.g., tagging your profile, photo and/or video credit, etc.) via such Properties. Once posted, shared or otherwise distributed, Company shall have no obligation to remove such posts from its archival feed and you shall waive all claims related thereto.
No Special Relationship
Except as otherwise described in the Política de privacidad, as between you and Company, you acknowledge and agree that your relationship with Company is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other type of special relationship.
The Queen of Trips (“Company”) is not a medical organization and cannot provide medical advice, evaluation, diagnosis or treatment. Nothing on the Properties should be interpreted as such. Elisabeth Montes Hayden is not a medical doctor, registered dietician, certified clinical nutritionist, pharmacist, nurse, psychologist or other licensed medical or health care professional. She is not acting in any such capacity and nothing on the Properties should be interpreted to take the place of advice of a physician and other licensed medical professional.
You are urged and advised to consult your physician before undertaking any health, diet or lifestyle changes, including, without limitation, using products or services available on our Properties, altering your diet, nutrition or eating habits, beginning any weight-loss effort or regimen, taking any supplements, vitamins or similar products, participating in exercise, making any lifestyle changes, or taking or discontinuing any medications. Nothing on the Properties should be interpreted as a substitute for physician consultation, evaluation or treatment.
The Properties are intended for use only by healthy adult individuals. The Properties are not intended for use by minors or individuals with any type of illness or health condition. Such individuals are specifically warned to seek professional medical advice prior to initiating any form of health, diet or lifestyle change. You should immediately consult with your physician or health care professional in the event of any illness or injury.
All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The information on the Properties has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. We cannot and do not give you medical advice by and through the Properties or otherwise. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues. We do not recommend the self-management of health problems. Any information obtained by using our products or services is not exhaustive.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, COMPANY CONTENT (INCLUDING COMMUNICATIONS), FUNCTIONS, AND ALL OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED OR DISPLAYED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS TO INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, THE AVAILABILITY, USABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS, AND SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO COMPANY OR VIA THE PROPERTIES. THE COMPANY PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AS WELL AS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
ALL CONTENT, INCLUDING COMPANY CONTENT, FOUND ON THE PROPERTIES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVISE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND SEEK EMERGENCY TREATMENT OR CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PROPERTY YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE PROPERTY.
THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE PROPERTIES; (B) THE COMPANY CONTENT (INCLUDING COMMUNICATIONS); (C) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PROPERTIES; (D) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE COMPANY PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE PROPERTIES; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PROPERTIES’ OPERATION; OR (G) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S OR THIRD PARTY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE COMPANY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE PROPERTY). IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SOME OF THE EVENTS, ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN BY YOU WHETHER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ACTION OR INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF COMPANY OR BY THE ACTION, IN ACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT COMPANY DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SUPERVISION, PREPARATION, OR CONDUCT OF ANY ACTIVITY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00 USD).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF COMPANY’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE PROPERTIES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE DEFINITION OF DISPUTES BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, INCLUDING ALL ISSUES RELATING TO THE ENFORCEABILITY, INTERPRETATION, SCOPE, AND APPLICATION OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT (SUCH AS “GATEWAY” ISSUES OF ARBITRABILITY, WHETHER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS UNCONSCIONABLE OR ILLUSORY AND ANY DEFENSE TO ARBITRATION) WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
Class Action Waiver
If the foregoing class action waiver (“Class Action Waiver”) or any portion thereof is found to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable, then the Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court. Any claim that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is invalid, illegal, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
Definition of Dispute
However, “Disputes” SHALL NOT include claims that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is invalid, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable, or any claim for public injunctive relief, i.e., injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting alleged unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the general public. Such claims may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
How Will the Arbitration Work?
Either you or Company may initiate arbitration proceedings. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration will be an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. The JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols for Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267.
If required for the enforceability of the Arbitration Agreement under the Federal Arbitration Act, Company will pay all arbitrator’s costs and expenses. If not, those costs will be paid as specified in the above-referenced rules.
Where Will the Arbitration Be Held?
The parties agree to bring the arbitration in California in the County of Los Angeles. As set forth in “Governing Law & Venue” section below, the arbitrator will apply California law.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with Company must be filed within 1 year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred. This provision expressly survives the termination of your relationship with Company.
Governing Law & Venue