Hey, Amiga! Let Me Tell You Why You Need to Start Self-Dating
First, let’s start with what self-dating is so that we are clear.
You will find a few articles on the matter by quickly searching on Google. In essence, self-dating is consciously doing something nice for yourself on purpose, alone. It can be an activity that you would do with someone else on a date, but you have decided to set aside the time to do this for yourself by yourself.
Self-dating is a way to foster a healthy relationship with oneself and cultivate self-love, self-confidence, and self-awareness. You can choose an activity that can be done at home or somewhere else. Engaging in activities that bring joy, relaxation, and personal growth makes you more comfortable being alone and enjoying your own company. The idea is that you build a better relationship with yourself. And do you know what else self-dating is good for? SOLO TRAVEL!!!
You may be thinking, what does dating myself have to do with travel? If you begin dating yourself before your first solo trip, you slowly build up the skills and confidence needed to embark on your first solo adventure. The purpose of self-dating is to prioritize your self-care, self-discovery, and self-nurturing. The results are a stronger sense of self, and you will enhance your overall well-being through self-dating.
Remember, embracing these experiences as opportunities for self-discovery and personal growth is key. Enjoy the journey of getting to know yourself better and building confidence for your solo travel adventures!
Another benefit of self-dating is that you never have to wait until someone is ready to do something you want to do.
Here are 25 ideas to help you get started dating yourself in your city:
- Take yourself out to a movie that you want to see.
- Go to an art exhibit that interests you.
- Try out that restaurant that you have been dying to go to.
- Go on a scenic hike or nature walk and consciously enjoy the walk and the solitude.
- Try a new recipe at home.
- Buy yourself flowers, meaningful jewelry, or lingerie.
- Set aside a few hours to journal and self-reflect. Focus on your accomplishments and goals.
- Attend a dance or fitness class.
- Attend a self-defense or martial arts class.
- Attend a seminar or workshop on a topic that interests you.
- Plan a picnic for yourself at the park or the beach.
- Spend a day volunteering for a cause that is dear to your heart.
- Walk a 5K and stay for the celebrations afterward.
- Visit a botanical garden.
- Take a photography class or DIY your own photoshoot.
- Visit a local brewery, distillery, or vineyard and take a tasting class.
- Visit a museum or historical location that you have been curious about.
- Attend a yoga or meditation retreat in your city.
- Take an art class.
- Sign up to paddleboard or kayak and embrace the tranquility of being on the water.
- Take a solo bike tour around your city and discover a new neighborhood or landmark.
- Visit a new to you coffee shop.
- Attend an open mic night. Try sharing a story or poetry while you are there.
- Explore a local farmer’s market.
- Dress sexy for no one but yourself.
Once you feel ready, I suggest taking the step of booking yourself a one-night stay or weekend getaway in a place that is conveniently located near you or where you have connections such as family, acquaintances, or someone you can turn to for support in case you don’t feel entirely comfortable.
I want to take myself out on dates, but I feel ridiculous…
Sometimes we really let that voice in our head take over. Stop telling yourself that you are being selfish, arrogant or that doing this is difficult.
You don’t have to spend money to do some of these activities, but you do have to get to know yourself better intentionally. You’ll lay the foundation for unforgettable solo travel adventures by intentionally spending time with yourself.
Remember, you never have to wait for anyone else to enjoy the experiences you desire. It’s time to embrace the joy, freedom, and endless possibilities that await you on this beautiful journey of self-discovery.
Ánimo, amiga! The world is waiting for you, and you are preparing to conquer it, one self-date at a time!